Favorite Place

Favorite Place

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Helpful Techniques

Power Searching with Google taught me many quick and easy ways to find information through Google. This will help me with many things considering I use Google everyday. I mostly use Google for school work to look up information on certain topics, but I also use it for everyday information. Now that I know word order matters when asking a query through Google, I will get better results from just changing around or deleting words.When getting better results, I will be getting as specific information as possible about what I'm asking just because I simply changed a few words. Another way to narrow down your search is by using Control-F. Once I find a website I want to look at I can hit Control-F in order to look for specific words. I can then highlight the words making it stand out every time it's talked about. This makes finding information a lot quicker and easier. Those techniques can be used every day along with programs such as Google Books and Google Translate. Google Books is an easy way to find any book online. You may just want to read the book or look up a quick summary. Also, Google Translate can easily change anything you type into a different language of your choice. These things can be helpful for travel, school work or may just interest you. These searching techniques are only a small part of the Power Searching with Google program. There are many more in order to help you find your information quickly and easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment